Sunday 26 September 2010

Weigh day 3

These are the next set of numbers for public perusal:

Bust: 42 in/106.7cm (-1)
Chest: 35.5 in/90.2cm (+1.5)
Waist: 39 in/99.1cm (+1)
Hips: 46 in/116.8cm (+1)
Thighs: 24 in/60.9cm (-2.5)
Calves: 16.5 in/41.9cm (-0.5)
Upper arm: 14 in/35.6cm (=)
Forearm: 11 in/27.9cm (=)

Body Fat %: 52.4% (47.5kg/7st 6lb/104lbs) (-0.3%)
Visceral Fat: 8 (0 Normal) (=)
BMI: 33.4 (Obese) (+0.1)
Weight: 14st 4lb/90.9kg/200lbs (+1lb/+0.2kg)

My Body Fat has gone down by a small percentage but my weight has gone up by a pound, that seems to be a weird pattern forming. Every time my weight goes up my fat percentage goes down, and every time I lose weight my fat goes up! My husband tells me that it's something to do with maths and percentages which I've never been too good at. I'm just glad my weight hasn't increased too much, it's just a single pound gained.

It seems to be my legs turn to lose some inches, my thighs have reduced by two and a half inches which is great and my calves have reduced by half an inch. My waist and hips have put an inch back on but these are still fairly promising results, nothing has dramatically changed which is good.

To be honest I have really, really struggled these past two weeks. I've had massive motivational problems with getting up and doing my walks, the initial problem started when I needed to get new walking trainers. My old ones were fairly ancient and I came home after one walk with blisters all across the bottom of my feet which stopped me doing the walk for a few days, when I got new trainers I got blisters across the top of my feet because they were new which again stopped me from walking as it was too painful. This had now broken the momentum and routine of the walk every two days. I'm the sort of person who needs a regimented routine to stick to, if I even have a break of one day then it shatters the pattern and I need to play catch-up until I regain the pattern.

Another major factor is the change from Summer to Autumn, which happened on the 21st of September. It's been quite a sudden and rapid change in temperature, the days have been gloriously sunny and very hot and now in the space of a week it's been stark clear skies and absolutely freezing outside. My head and heart have just not been in it, which is also why there hasn't been many blog posts recently, I've been letting life issues and worries impact on my weight loss goal. Psychology and what state your head is in plays a massive part in weight loss, so much so that you could 'Win or Lose' because of it, ask anyone who's struggled with their weight over the years and they will tell you the same thing.

I will cover psychology in another blog, for now I will be thankful that my relapse of enthusiasm hasn't done too much damage to my overall progress. I will just have to find a warmer top to go walking in and actually get some exercise done, we've managed to locate my coloured plastic weights from storage now so I can get some proper weights work done. I'll sign off for now, happy Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment