Sunday 7 November 2010

Weigh Day 6

Here I am again, another two weeks have passed and it's time for measurements again. I have started a new set of exercises and it seems to be doing the trick, everything is slowly going down.

Bust: 43 in/109.2cm (+0.5)
Chest: 35.5 in/90.2cm (-1)                  
Waist: 39 in/99.0cm (-1)                  
Hips: 46 in/116.8cm (-0.5)                  
Thighs: 27 in/68.6cm (-0.5)                  
Calves: 17 in/43.2 (=)                  
Upper arm: 14 in/35.6cm (=)                  
Forearm: 11 in/27.9cm (=)

Body Fat %: 51.9% (46.7kg/7st 4lb/lbs) (-0.5%)
Visceral Fat: 8 (0 Normal) (=)
BMI: 33.1 (Obese) (=)
Weight: 14st 2lb/90.0kg/198lbs (=)
              
This is the comparison with the first weeks numbers, I seem to have hit a bit of a plateau with the tape measurements and I'm not sure what else I can do to try and reduce them a bit more. I've never been one of those women with a 'straight up and down' figure but I'm certain I am able to lose a few more inches than I have done!!

Bust: +0.5in/1.2cm                      
Chest: +1in/2.5cm                       
Waist: -1in/2.5cm                      
Hips: -1in/2.5cm                      
Thighs: -0.5in 1.2cm                      
Calves: =                      
Upper arm: =                      
Forearm: =  

Fat %: -1%
Visceral Fat: =
BMI: -0.9
Weight: -5lb/2kg

I must admit that I'm starting to get into my head that it should be going faster, I should be losing more weight for the amount of time I've been doing this. I'm falling into the trap that a lot of people find themselves in after so many months of trying to lose weight, I'm one of those people who have never done any real exercise at all. This is the most time I've devoted to trying to get in better shape, I tend to be slightly impatient with things and I'm a bit of a perfectionist so having my body respond slowly to the exercise is driving me a bit nuts!

I did however find something encouraging recently. A while back in July I got the opportunity to go to one of those really expensive Health Clubs on a 'Free Week Trial' pass that they do sometimes, one of those ones where the Gym equipment is so advanced that it washes you and trims your nails while you exercise. Well, in the changing room was a very fancy electronic weigh scales, it not only told you how much you weighed but laser measured your height and gave you the Fat %, Visceral Fat, BMI and how much your Fat % was in kgs. It was that set of scales that gave me the idea for the blog and for getting a set for myself. I rediscovered the printed out set of measurements the other day and it turns out that on the 22nd of July 2010 I was 14st 10lbs. As I am now 14st 2lbs I've actually lost 8lbs in three and a half months. :D That cheered me up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment